Find Exciting Things to Do in the French Quarter Just Minutes from Our Hotel
Nothing speaks to history in Louisiana like the French Quarter! Our property offers a convenient location within walking distance of this one-of-a-kind New Orleans destination.
For more than 200 years, the French Quarter, commonly known as “The Quarter” or “Vieux Carré”, has been a popular district for trade, tourism and entertainment. The original settlement of New Orleans, this attraction boasts stunning architecture dating back to the 1700s, classic restaurants, boutique shopping and more, including:
- Jackson Square – A favorite spot for both visitors and locals, this beautiful historic landmark offers exceptional artistry, restaurants, museums, street performances and horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Bourbon Street and Mardi Gras – The most well-known of the French Quarter streets, Bourbon Street, or “Rue Street”, extends for 13 blocks, attracting thousands of visitors each year for its annual Mardi Gras event. Highlighted by costume balls, lavish parties and much more, this famous event has become the place to be during the Carnival season.
- French Market – This open-air mall founded in 1791 serves as the oldest public market in the country, featuring unique New Orleans-style shopping, dining, music and more.
- Jax Brewery – The former brewing and bottling house of Jax Beer from 1891 until the mid-1970s, this iconic New Orleans landmark offers distinctive New Orleans shops and nationally known stores, a museum and art gallery, casual dining, and more.
- Museums and Historical Parks – Explore fascinating museums and national parks that showcase New Orleans’ rich history and legends, including New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum, 1850 House, Musée Conti Wax Museum, New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, The Cabildo, and more.
- Restaurants and Cafés – Discover savory new flavors at one of the many restaurants in the French Quarter. Find dining favorites, like Café Du Monde, Acme Oyster House, Mr. B’s Bistro, Irene’s Cuisine, Johnny’s Po-Boys and more.
Put yourself within steps of all the action by staying in one of the soothing guest rooms available at Blake Hotel New Orleans. As a guest of our property, you’ll be situated near a variety of popular things to do in the French Quarter, perfect for all ages and group sizes. Contact our knowledgeable staff at (504) 522-9060, or make your reservations online today!